김현준 (Hyun Joon Kim)
- Phone Number
- Research Areas
- Public management (public service delivery, performance management, collaborative public management, electronic government)
- Room 430, College of Political Science and Economics
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Syracuse University
• 2005.8. : Ph.D. in Public Administration, Syracuse University • 2001.4. : Master of Public Policy, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor • 1996.2. : Master of Public Administration, Seoul National University • 1994.2. : B.A. in Sociology, Seoul National University
Professional Experience and Awards
• 2015. 8. – Present: Chair, Dept. of Public Administration, Korea University • 2008. 9. – Present: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Public Administration, Korea University • 2005. 8. – 2008. 8.: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Political Science, Texas Tech University
Public Management, Collaborative Public Management, Administration and Leadership, Performance Management in the Public Sector
* Book Chapters • 2010. Kim, Hyun Joon, Lee, Jooho, & Kim, Soonhee. “Linking local e-Government development stages to collaboration strategy.” In Social and Organizational Developments through Emerging E-Government Applications: New Principles and Concepts, Vishanth Weerakkody (Ed.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. • 2002. Han, Joongwoo and Kim, Hyun Joon. “Governance of electronic government: the experiences of the United States and Canada,” in E-government: Issues & Challenges, E-government Research Institute (Ed.), University of Seoul, Korea (* written in English).
*Journal Articles • 2016. Park, Yong-Jun and Kim, Hyun Joon. A study on behavioral differences between the voluntary military system and the conscription to innovate the Korean military system. Korean Policy Studies Review, 25(2): 65-90. (* written in Korean) • 2014. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. The performance puzzle: Understanding the factors influencing alternative dimensions and views of performance. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 24(1): 1-34. (Lead article, *shared first authorship) • 2012. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. Closer than “Arms Length”: Understanding the Factors Associated With Collaborative Contracting. The American Review of Public Administration, 42(3): 341-366 (*shared first authorship). • 2011. Lee, Jooho, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Ahn, Michael. The willingness of e-government service adoption by business users: The role of offline service quality and trust in technology. Government Information Quarterly, 28(2): 222-230 • 2010. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. Do relationships matter? Assessing the impact of relationship design on contractor performance. Public Performance and Management Review, 34(2): 189-220 (*shared first authorship). • 2009. Collins, Brian, and Kim, Hyun Joon. Are satisfied citizens willing to pay more? Public sector consumerism as equitable social exchange. Public Money and Management, 29(2): 109-116. • 2009. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. Faith-based assumptions about performance: Does church-affiliation matter for service quality and access? Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 38(3): 490-521. (*shared first authorship). • 2008. Kim, Hyun Joon, Kim, Soonhee and Lee, Jooho. Linking local e-government development stages to collaboration strategy. International Journal of Electronic Government Research, 4(3): 36-56. • 2008. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. Does the public sector outperform the nonprofit and for-profit sectors? Evidence from a national panel study on nursing home quality and access. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 27(2): 326-353. (*shared first authorship). • 2007. Amirkhanyan, Anna, Kim, Hyun Joon, and Lambright, Kristina. Putting the pieces together: a comprehensive framework for understanding the decision to contract out and contractor performance. International Journal of Public Administration, 30(6): 699-725. (*shared first authorship). • 2007. Kim, Hyun Joon. Measuring citizen satisfaction with contracted-out public service quality: An application of SERVQUAL measures. International Review of Public Administration, 11(2): 1-14. • 2007. Kim, Hyun Joon. Beyond the debate over centralized vs. decentralized IT Governance: Lessons learned from two leading municipalities. Korean Journal of Policy Studies, 21(2): 23-39.